Perform Better’s First ‘Meeting of the Minds’.
As many of you know, Cassie and I just returned from a week in Phoenix Arizona where we attended a fitness meeting with some of the Fitness industries most influential practitioners, business owners, business analysts, coaches, researchers and trainers.
The intent of the weekend was to discuss the future of our industry and where it is headed. It is invaluable as a trainer and business owner to attend these meetings to ensure that our business approach, our philosophies, our programming and our coaching are on par with those whom I consider to be the best in our field.
The future of fitness is:
1) Getting off machines! We need to move our bodies. Gone are the days were we are strapped into machines to isolate bodies parts. We know that is not the most effective way to train the body and this has always been our program philosophy at Taylored Training.
2) Enjoying freedom of movement within your workout and using equipment like dumbbells, TRX, kettlebells, ropes, medicine balls.
3) Training semi-private and/or small groups. We have been doing so for almost 2 years and we have seen incredible results, support and the development of some incredible friendships!
4) Ensuring a healthy and pain free body using techniques like foam rolling, dynamic warm-ups and well-designed training programs.
5) Including nutrition programming into training programs. That is why we feel it is necessary to have our clients follow both training and nutrition programs and why Vanessa and I have been working towards completing our Fitness Nutrition Certification which we both finished this past month.
I return back to the studio with confidence that we are providing our members the best quality of fitness programming that is in line with practices from some of the best trainers in our field. Thanks to the Perform Better Team for another fantastic event.