Team! I made THE MOST DELICIOUS Spicy Korean Pork Stir Fry! It tasted better than take out!
Marinade: 30 minutes minimum recommended but not necessary! Took a total of 30 mins to make!
– 2 lb boneless pork shoulder (usually only used in crockpot but was the perfect cut for this!)
– 1 cup grated pear
– 1 medium onion (yellow or white)
– 1 tsp ginger, minced
– 2 garlic cloves, crushed
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 4 tbsp brown sugar
– 4 tsp sesame oil
– 6 tbsp gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste) –> I got this at the Asian market on princess across from phase 2 SUPER tasty
– 2 tbsp oil
– 2 cloves garlic minced
– 1 onion halved and sliced (white or yellow)
– 1 scallion, sliced
– sesame seeds
-rice (its delicious without rice too!)
1) Cut pork into thin slices. If using pork shoulder, as I did, halve it lengthwise to form two long pieces, then slice the pieces.
2) Combine Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add pork. Marinate for 30 minutes, or overnight.
3)To cook, heat oil in a large non stick skillet over high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes until translucent. Add pork and cook for 5 minutes or until dark golden and caramelised, and just cooked through.
Serve immediately with rice, garnished with sliced shallots and sesame seeds.